Top Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents on Cruise Ships
New Jersey cruise ships are often a vacation option that people flock to book and enjoy. Cruise ship trips offer the full gamut of food, fun, entertainment, and exploration of different places. It is always exciting when a pending trip is on the horizon. Planning for a good time is usually on the menu, but what is not is getting injured in a slip-and-fall accident.
If a hazard was present on a cruise ship and you suffered a slip and fall injury as a result, you may have a case to make for financial compensation. The South Jersey slip-and-fall attorney at Monaco Law PC can review your accident experience and provide legal guidance and feedback regarding your options for pursuing compensation. Joseph Monaco has extensive experience helping victims of slip and fall accidents in a wide variety of situations. Attorney Monaco has personally handled hundreds of slip and fall cases for victims where large cash settlements were secured.
How Do Cruise Ship Slips and Fall Accidents Happen?
When you slip and fall on a cruise ship, you have the potential to suffer a wide variety of injuries, including broken bones, traumatic brain injury, deep and painful lacerations, and even death. It is important that when a slip and fall accident happens as a result of negligence by the cruise liner, victims get the compensation they are owed.
The most common causes of slip-and-fall accidents on cruise liners include the following:
- Spills and wet, slick floors that are not cleaned up.
- Pool accidents and other miscellaneous water activities.
- Poor lighting.
- Broken staircases or lack of handrails.
- Obstacles and other hazards are left out in walking areas.
- Damaged carpeting and flooring.
- Faulty outlets that cause electrocution lead to a fall.
- Items that are not secured get loose and hit a passenger, knocking them down.
- Areas of the ship that are not properly marked with warnings for construction that may be ongoing.
- Furniture in a room that is not secured and that slides into a passenger.
- A passenger who is hurt because they were overserved and inebriated.
- During docking and entering or exiting the cruise ship for excursions.
There are several ways that a slip-and-fall accident on a cruise ship can happen. Passengers pay a premium price for an enjoyable and safe experience. When a cruise ship does not keep the vessel safe for passengers and dangerous conditions exist, a cruise ship may be liable for the damages a passenger suffered.
Speak to a South Jersey Slip and Fall Accident Attorney Today
It can be devastating to have a trip ruined by an injury accident. Not only will a trip be miserable, but the physical bodily harm that is suffered could be substantial. When this happens, victims should learn more about their rights to take legal action for financial compensation.
If you were harmed on a cruise ship from a slip and fall accident, please call our South Jersey slip and fall attorney at Monaco Law PC. To schedule a free initial consultation, please call (609) 277-3166 for our New Jersey office and (215) 546-3166 for our office in Pennsylvania.
We are a New Jersey and Pennsylvania slip-and-fall injury law firm serving Atlantic County, Burlington County, Cape May County, Camden County, Cumberland County, Gloucester County, Mercer County, Middlesex County, Ocean County, Salem County, and all of South Jersey.