Switch to ADA Accessible Theme
Close Menu
South Jersey Slip, Fall & Dog Bite Lawyer > South Jersey Auto Accident Lawyer

South Jersey Auto Accident Lawyer

Serving Atlantic City, Marlton, Cherry Hill, Vineland, Bridgeton, Millville, Camden, Trenton

A car accident may sound like a fairly minor experience, but most people are not prepared for the physical, emotional, and financial losses they will incur. You will likely sustain many injuries during a crash and while you are trying to recover, you will also have to deal with at least one insurance company to try and obtain fair compensation. You will also have to navigate a legal system that can be complex at times. If you have been hurt, our South Jersey auto accident lawyer can help you sort through the aftermath of a crash.

Auto Insurance Laws in New Jersey

New Jersey is a no-fault auto insurance state. This means that after an accident, you can file a claim with your own insurance company to obtain personal injury protection (PIP) benefits. The two types of PIP benefits that are available are those for medical treatment and home care. Coverage for home care is optional, but if you could not afford to have someone come in and maintain your home, it is a good idea to purchase it.

PIP benefits allow you to recover compensation rather quickly, even though dealing with your insurer is not always easy. If you exhaust your PIP benefits, you may be able to file a claim against the negligent driver. To do this, you must have sustained one of the following injuries:

  • Loss of a fetus
  • Loss of a body part
  • Permanent injury in which the affected part of the body will never be able to function as it once did
  • Displaced fracture
  • Significant scarring or disfigurement
  • Death

Auto Insurance Laws in Pennsylvania

Pennsylvania offers two types of auto insurance: limited tort coverage and full tort coverage. Limited tort coverage is a type of no-fault auto insurance. Drivers with limited tort coverage can file a claim with their own insurance company to recover compensation for their own injuries. Like in New Jersey, limited tort insurance will not provide compensation for an accident victim’s pain and suffering, with certain exceptions.

Full tort coverage allows drivers to file a lawsuit against negligent parties after a crash. To do this, a claim is filed with the insurance company that covers the other driver. These claims can take longer than PIP claims, but they can also provide a way for victims to claim non-economic as well as economic damages, such as those available for pain and suffering.

Our South Jersey Auto Accident Lawyer Can Deal with the Insurance Companies for You

You need compensation for your injuries after a car crash, but obtaining it from the insurance companies is not always easy. At Monaco Law, PC, our South Jersey auto accident lawyer can negotiate with the insurers on your behalf to make sure that you obtain the full and fair settlement to which you are justly entitled. Call us now or reach out to us online to schedule a free review of your case and to learn more.

Share This Page:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn