Marlton Personal Injury Lawyer
We expect to be safe when we venture outside our house to visit friends, eat at a restaurant, go grocery shopping, or drive on the highway. However, injury awaits us at every corner. Even if we are doing what we can to stay safe, others may not have the same mindset. They may drive recklessly or generally not care about the safety of others.
However, when another party’s negligence causes your injuries, you can file a claim against them under New Jersey law and seek compensation for damages. New Jersey is a contributory negligence state, which means that you can file a claim as long as you were under 50% at fault for the accident. If you are 51% at fault, you cannot recover compensation. Also, your compensation will be reduced based on your degree of fault. For example, if you are 20% at fault and set to receive $50,000 in damages, then your damages will be reduced by 20%, or $10,000.
Personal injury cases happen all the time, but they are not all the same. In fact, each one has its own unique circumstances. If you have been injured, you need experience on your side. Contact our trustworthy Marlton personal injury lawyer from Monaco Law PC today. We’ll fight long and hard to get you the compensation you deserve and even battle out your case in court if necessary.
- Auto Accident
- Car Accident
- Dog Bite
- Lyft Accident
- Medical Malpractice
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Pedestrian Accident
- Slip & Fall
- Uber Accident
- Workers’ Compensation
- Wrongful Death
Types of Personal Injury Cases
Some types of personal injury cases we handle include:
- Automobile accidents. Crashes involving motor vehicles are the most common type of personal injury. This broad category includes accidents involving cars, trucks, motorcycles, buses, and pedestrians.
- Construction accidents. Construction is one of the most dangerous industries. Workers are subject to falls, machinery accidents, electrocution, and other serious accidents.
- Medical malpractice. We trust our doctors to care for us, but that does not always happen. They can make mistakes and cause birth defects, medication errors, surgical errors, anesthesia errors, and more.
- Dog bites. Dogs are not always man’s best friend. Even the friendliest dog can be provoked, causing facial injuries, lacerations, scars, disfigurement, and even death.
- Premises liability. Premises liability is when an accident happens on someone else’s property. This may include slips and falls and even crimes such as assault and rape.
- Nursing home abuse. Our loved ones are not always safe in nursing homes. Inexperienced staff members can cause neglect and abuse, resulting in serious injuries and death.
Contact Monaco Law PC Today
A person can get injured in a variety of ways, whether it be inside or outside the home. If someone’s negligence caused you to suffer injuries, seek legal help right away.
You have just two years from the date of your personal injury to file a lawsuit under New Jersey law, so don’t delay. Contact a Marlton personal injury lawyer from Monaco Law PC. We’ve been protecting the legal rights of New Jersey residents for more than 30 years. We can be reached at (609) 277-3166. You can also fill out our online form to schedule a free case evaluation.