Marlton Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
Most employees expect to be safe at work, but that’s not always the case. Whether you work in an office or on a construction site, you can get injured at any time. Getting injured at work can be a scary situation. You may be concerned about not only your health, but your job. What do you do now?
New Jersey, like all states, has workers’ compensation laws in place. Workers’ compensation is a type of insurance that employers must have for employees. This insurance provides wage replacement and medical benefits to injured workers in the event of a workplace accident.
It also provides permanent disability compensation to severely injured employees as well as death benefits to dependents of workers who have died in a workplace accident. Workers’ compensation is considered no-fault insurance, so an injured employee will receive benefits regardless of who was at fault.
However, workers’ compensation benefits may not be your only recourse. You may also be eligible to bring a traditional personal injury claim if a third party caused your injuries. However, the laws can be confusing. That’s why you need to seek legal help from a Marlton workers’ compensation lawyer from Monaco Law PC. We’ll help you file a claim and get the compensation you deserve.
Who is Covered?
In New Jersey, most workers are covered. There are a few exceptions though, such as the following:
- Independent contractors
- Domestic workers
- Contract workers employed by the employer
- Employees who are willfully negligent
Common Workplace Accidents
Here are the most common ways in which you can become injured in the workplace:
- Slips, trips, and falls. Spilled liquids, wet surfaces, icy steps, loose rugs, cords, and clutter can all cause employees to slip, trip, and fall. This type of accident can cause broken bones, back and neck injuries, and head trauma.
- Getting hit by machinery and equipment. Construction sites and warehouses have tractors, forklifts, and other large vehicles. Employees can get hit by these vehicles and suffer catastrophic injuries and even death.
- Fires and explosions. Electricity, gas lines, and combustible materials can cause fires and explosions. They can cause burns and scarring. Fires have the highest fatality of all workplace accidents.
- Repetitive motions. Overexertion and repetitive stress injuries, such as those commonly found in office and factory jobs, can be painful. They can also be debilitating and lead to decreased productivity.
Contact Monaco Law PC Today
A workplace accident can result in serious injuries or even fatality. If you have been affected, you need to understand your rights.
Workers’ compensation benefits are typically your only option, but in cases of catastrophic injury, you may need more compensation to pay for all your damages. That’s where Monaco Law PC comes in. We’ll help you understand your legal options and work aggressively to help you obtain your goals. Contact our Marlton workers’ compensation lawyer and schedule a free consultation. Fill out the online form or call (609) 277-3166.