Marlton Car Accident Lawyer
As a second generation wrongful death & injury lawyer, I, Joseph Monaco, understand being the victim of a Marlton car accident can be financially and emotionally overwhelming. As a result, I handle every aspect of my clients’ cases so they can focus on recovering from their injuries and putting their lives back in order. As an experienced Marlton car accident lawyer, I have personally handled thousands of cases including recovering millions of dollars on behalf of my clients since 1989. I have negotiated awards of monetary compensation including trial verdicts on behalf of my clients and their families. I am dedicated to aggressively pursuing the rights of my clients. If you or a loved one have been wrongfully injured or killed in a Marlton motor vehicle accident, call or text me at 609-277-3166 for a Free Consultation. My law firm charges no fee unless we obtain a monetary recovery on your behalf.
Frequently Asked Questions Around Marlton Auto Accidents
When Should a Marlton Car Accident Lawsuit be Filed?
A good share of Marlton car accident cases do no result in a lawsuit being filed either with the Superior Court of New Jersey or the United States District Court for New Jersey. In some cases, it may be the best option for the accident victim and the auto insurance companies to first work out a fair settlement. However, many cases require the filing of a civil action lawsuit with the appropriate Court. This is especially true if you or a family member have selected the lawsuit limitation option under your New Jersey policy of auto insurance. Often, circumstances make it particularly necessary to prepare a case for trial to force the big auto insurance companies and corporations to pay a fair settlement amount. This happens frequently in lawsuit limitation cases as well as more complex cases involving wrongful death or catastrophic injuries.
Insurance companies are in the business of making a profit and often put that ahead of paying Marlton accident victims a fair award. They will dig into your past medical history and social media pages to try to put you in a bad light in the eyes of a jury if the case goes to trial. They will also hire unscrupulous doctors to say your pain and discomfort are from an injury that happened 20 years ago and not from the recent motor vehicle accident that resulted in months, if not years, of rehabilitation. When this occurs, I will be with you every step of the way fighting these false allegations to make sure you get the monetary compensation you deserve. After a thorough investigation of the facts and a client consultation, I put together a game plan for my client’s best options to achieve justice. Call or text me at 609-277-3166 if you have questions on how to file a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit stemming from a Marlton auto, bus, truck, motorcycle or pedestrian accident.
What are the Types of Damages Available for Marlton Motor Vehicle Accident Victims?
A Marlton car accident can lead to unexpected financial hardships. Medical bills, auto repairs, rental costs and lost wages can add up quickly. When a reckless or negligent person or business causes harm, New Jersey law allows Marlton car injury victims to recover economic losses as well as monetary compensation for other harms such as pain and suffering and loss of life’s pleasures. Receiving an award of monetary compensation for a motor vehicle accident that was not your fault will move you one step closer to getting your life back in order.
Insurance companies are in the business of making a profit. To achieve this goal, they prefer paying out as little as possible in Marlton personal injury and wrongful death cases. However, hiring an top Marlton Car Accident Lawyer can help level the playing field. I understand insurance company strategies including delaying payouts and portraying accident victims as opportunists. I will handle your case personally from the beginning through trial to achieve a fair settlement or verdict.
What is the Difference Between Marlton Economic and Non-Economic Damages?
Economic damages are designed to help compensate victims for out-of-pocket losses. These damages include:
- Medical expenses such as emergency room visits, office visits, therapy and surgeries
- Lost wages
- Future wage loss known as loss of earning capacity
- Property damage
Non-economic damages are meant to compensate Marlton accident victims for the loss to the person. This would include:
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of life’s pleasures
- Wrongful death
- Loss of consortium
What Laws Govern a Marlton Motor Vehicle Accident?
New Jersey law allows an award of monetary compensation in Marlton personal injury and wrongful death cases. New Jersey follows a law known as Comparative Negligence, which means that the fault of those involved is assigned a percentage of the overall harm caused. A Marlton accident victim can recover if his or her level of fault is 50% or less with the award being reduced by this percentage. For example, if an accident victim is deemed to be 20% at fault for the happening of the underlying accident, then the monetary award will be reduced by 20%. A $100,000 award would be lowered to $80,000.
New Jersey law requires that personal injury and wrongful death cases be filed with the Superior Court of New Jersey or the US District Court for New Jersey within two years of the date of the accident. For minors, it is two years from their 18th birthday. If the case is filed outside these two year statutes of limitation periods, it will be barred from any form of recovery. That’s why it is important to hire a Marlton Car Accident Lawyer as soon as possible. To learn more about your rights as a car accident injury victim, contact me by phone, text or the website contact form.
Why Should I Hire Joseph Monaco as my Marlton Car Accident Lawyer?
Whether a Marlton auto or bus accident causes serious bodily injuries or the wrongful death of a loved one, it is crucial to hire a qualified and experienced New Jersey Trial Lawyer to protect your rights. I have decades of trial lawyer experience pursuing the rights of injury victims and their families. I have won millions in monetary compensation for my clients including:
- $4,250,000 recovery in an underride crash resulting in a traumatic brain injury case
- $290,000 recovery when a motorcyclist was struck by an auto
- $500,000 recovery for a pedestrian killed by a bus
- $600,000 recovery for a boy struck by an auto resulting in facial scarring
- $1,200,000 recovery for a man struck by an auto resulting in spinal fusion surgery
By hiring me, Joseph Monaco, you will be retaining a seasoned trial lawyer who has seen every trick in the book played out by the auto insurance companies and their teams of lawyers. I will be with you every step of the way to navigate the disputes brought on by the big New Jersey auto insurance companies, which they use to prevent you from moving forward with your life. I understand that the moments following a Marlton auto, bus, motorcycle, train, pedestrian or truck accident are difficult and can be emotionally and financially draining. That is why I provide a Free Consultation and the No Recovery, No Fee Guarantee. My law firm works on a contingency fee basis, which means we will not charge any fees or costs unless we obtain monetary compensation on your behalf.
What Steps Should be Taken After a Marlton Auto Accident?
- Seek medical attention even if you do not feel an immediate onset of pain. Symptoms from whiplash or a concussion could take several days or longer to develop. Plus, seeking early medical care helps document your activities after the accident
- Gather as much information as you are physically able to handle. You should exchange information with the other drivers involved in the crash, and get the names, phone numbers and addresses of any eyewitnesses. You should also photograph the accident scene, vehicles, witnesses, drivers and documentation such as insurance cards, vehicle registrations and driver’s licenses.
- When you have gathered your thoughts and feel level headed, contact your insurance company to report the accident but do not provide them with a recorded statement without first consulting with a Marlton Car Accident Lawyer.
- Call me, Joseph Monaco, as soon as possible after your Marlton motor vehicle accident. There are many hoops to jump through to get the immediate benefits you need for vehicle repairs, lost wages and medical care.
How is Fault Proven in a New Jersey Car Accident?
In order to file a successful Marlton personal injury or wrongful death claim, it must be proved that another driver was reckless or negligent. Claims could also be brought for a defectively designed roadway that has a dangerous condition such as flooding, or a dangerously designed vehicle that is not crashworthy.
The following elements need to be met to prove negligence:
- Duty: A driver has to operate his or her vehicle the same as a reasonably prudent person would under the similar circumstances. The level of conduct has to conform with the level of risk. For example, a driver needs to be more careful on a snow covered highway.
- Breach of duty: The driver breaches his or her duty by being careless, which includes not acting like a reasonable prudent person would under a similar situation.
- Causation: The breach of duty leads to harm.
- Damages: The victim incurred damages resulting from the accident such as lost wages, medical bills and pain and suffering
Negligence can occur many ways including:
- Driving while intoxicated from alcohol or drugs
- Speeding and other aggressive driving
- Violating New Jersey traffic laws such as failing to stop for a stop sign or red light, or pedestrians
- Sleep deprivation
- Distracted driving from texting or talking on the phone
What are Common New Jersey Car Crash Injuries?
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head and neck injuries
- Bruising and lacerations
- Lowback and leg injuries
Contact An Experienced Marlton Car Accident Lawyer Today
Call or text me at 609-277-3166 for a Free Consultation. You will be glad that you did. I have represented thousands of injury victims during my 30 years as a Marlton car accident lawyer.