Marlton Medical Malpractice Lawyer
We count on our doctors to help us when we are sick or injured. We don’t expect that they will make our health condition worse, but sometimes they do. We often forget that doctors are human, too, and they do make mistakes.
In fact, medical malpractice is one of the most common causes of injuries and death in the United States. This may be shocking to you because this topic is not talked about much, but it happens a lot and when it does, it is often serious in nature.
However, most victims fail to file a claim. That’s because the process is complicated. Bringing about a successful claim takes a lot of time and money. That’s why you need aggressive representation on your side. A Marlton medical malpractice lawyer from Monaco Law PC can assist you with these types of complex claims.
Types of Medical Malpractice
Medical malpractice can happen in a number of ways, including the following:
- A misdiagnosis could mean that a doctor has diagnosed you with a different condition than what you really have, or they could say you are fine and have no medical issue at all. In either of these cases, your treatment is delayed or you are given the wrong treatment, and either can be life-threatening.
- Delayed diagnosis. This is like misdiagnosis, but your treatment has been delayed because your doctor took a long time to arrive at the correct diagnosis. The delay could have caused your condition to worsen.
- Medication errors. You need to take the right medicine to feel better or manage a chronic medical condition. Being prescribed the wrong dose of medicine or the wrong drug altogether can result in serious side effects.
- Surgical errors. Surgery comes with a lot of risks. Your doctor may leave medical equipment inside your body, give you an infection, or even operate on the wrong body part.
- Anesthesia errors. Anesthesia can be a godsend during a major surgery, but if the anesthesiologist is incompetent, you could be given the wrong dose of medication or even die.
- Birth injuries. When a woman is not monitored during labor and delivery or a doctor misuses forceps and vacuum extraction, the baby could suffer distress and various injuries. A baby could suffer fractures, cerebral palsy, brain damage, and mobility issues due to a doctor’s negligence.
- Unauthorized treatment. Your doctor must have consent before performing a procedure treatment on you. If not, this is called unauthorized treatment and could be considered medical malpractice.
Contact Monaco Law PC Today
When your doctor makes your health condition worse, it may be medical malpractice. However, accusing a doctor of medical malpractice and winning your case is no easy task. You need aggressive representation on your side.
That’s where Monaco Law PC comes in. We will work quickly to gather evidence and level the playing field so you have the best chance of financial recovery. To schedule a free consultation, call our Marlton medical malpractice lawyer at (609) 277-3166 or fill out our online form.