South Jersey Grocery Store Slip & Fall Lawyer
When you’re at the grocery store, you’re focused on the products on the shelves and your shopping list, expecting that the store’s staff will keep floors clean and safe for customers. You’re not constantly on the lookout for liquids or other tripping hazards that could cause you to fall and suffer an injury. Unfortunately, customers fall and hurt themselves every day when negligent store management fails to attend to dangerous and hard-to-see hazards on store property, despite their legal obligation to do so. If you’ve been injured after a grocery store slip-and-fall, you could have a right to file a claim for money damages. Call me, Joseph Monaco, South Jersey grocery store slip & fall lawyer, for a free consultation. I’m here to answer your questions and let you know how I can help you recover compensation for your medical expenses, lost income, and pain and suffering after a grocery store slip and fall accident.
When Is a Grocery Store Liable for a Slip and Fall Injury?
Even though grocery stores are busy places, full of constant activity and moving customers, owners and managers have a legal duty to make every reasonable effort to keep the store safe. A grocery store will become liable for injuries that occur on their premises when a slipping hazard exists that management knew or should have known existed and taken steps to eliminate, and a customer who did not see the slipping hazard becomes injured as a result of the unsafe condition. Here are just a few examples of incidents that could result in liability for a negligent grocery store:
- A customer knocks over a glass jar containing a clear liquid and reports the spill to a store employee. The store fails to take action to either clean up the liquid or put up a sign warning customers of the spill. A customer who could not see the liquid slipped and fell in the puddle, breaking her wrist when she tried to catch her fall.
- A child knocks over a bottle of apple juice and doesn’t tell anyone. Store employees do not conduct regular inspections of the store, checking for hazards, despite how common spills are around the store. Half an hour later, an elderly woman slips in the puddle and breaks her hip.
- A rainstorm has been going on for hours. The entryway to the grocery store is paved with smooth tiles which easily become slippery when wet; in fact, during a past storm, a customer slipped on the tiles and was injured. Grocery store staff did not put out nonslip mats in the entryway, nor did they use other methods to dry the entryway or warn customers of the slipping hazard. A customer slips in the rainwater and lands on his back, suffering a concussion.
Serious Injuries Can Result from a Grocery Store Slip-and-Fall
Slipping in an unseen substance and falling on a hard surface can cause serious injuries, especially for those who are older and are more prone to breaking bones. Common slip-and-fall injuries include:
- Bruised or broken ribs
- Broken wrists and arms
- Sprains and ligament tears
- Fractured hips
- Mild TBI (traumatic brain injuries), such as concussions
- Skin lacerations and bruises
Just as significant as the physical pain a body endures, the emotional pain and trauma of a slip and fall can be hurtful, lasting and debilitating. Don’t miss out on recovering the money you need and deserve for your medical expenses, missed work, or pain and suffering. I’m used to negotiating with large corporations like New Jersey grocery chains and their insurance companies, and I’m an experienced trial lawyer who is not afraid to take your case to a jury when a decent settlement can’t be reached. Monaco Law PC’s job is to make sure you get the compensation you deserve after a grocery store slip and fall. Contact us as soon as possible after your accident, so that we can begin right away pursuing your recovery.
Grocery Stores Are Liable for Unsafe and Dangerous Conditions
- ShopRite of Marlton
- ShopRite of Galloway
- ShopRite of Landis
- ShopRite of Millville
- ShopRite of Brooklawn
- ACME Markets Medford
- ACME Markets Maple Shade
- ACME Markets Ventnor City
- ACME Markets Vineland
- ACME Markets Audubon
Serving Atlantic City, Marlton, Cherry Hill, Vineland, Bridgeton, Millville, Camden, Trenton
You should not have to suffer financially after a slip and fall in a grocery store that would never have happened had store employees and management been more diligent in fulfilling their legal duty to provide a safe environment for their customers. Let me help you get the medical care and compensation you need to deal with your injuries and recover from the harm that has been done to you. Call or text me, Joseph Monaco, at 609-277-3166 or 215-546-3166 for a free consultation with a skilled and experienced South Jersey grocery store slip & fall lawyer.
I handle cases throughout Atlantic County, Burlington County, Camden County, Cumberland County, Delaware County, Montgomery County, Philadelphia County and elsewhere in New Jersey and Pennsylvania, and if my law firm does not recover compensation on your behalf, then you don not owe us anything. Don’t wait until it’s too late to bring a claim. Call now and get started today obtaining the compensation you deserve.